Sugar cookies royal icing
It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!!
If you want to wow your guest or need to exchange cookies, be sure to try my recipe.
3 cups of All Purpose flour
3/4 tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 cup of Butter at room temperature ( I prefer salted)
1 cup of Sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
4 cups of Confectioner Sugar
3 Egg whites
*This recipe is buttery. please feel free to decrease if you do not like a lot of butter flavor*
1) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, brown sugar add the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk for about 1 minute.
2) Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix it all in until its all combined. Add milk for consistency. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for about an hour.
3) Take the dough out of the fridge and allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4) Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/3 to 1/4 inch thick, cut out any design you like with your cookie cutter(s) and place them a couple inches apart on your lined baking sheet.
5) Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges and allow them to cool completely.
1)In a bowl mix the egg whites and beat on medium speed until frothy. Decrease the speed to low and slowly add the sugar. Increase the speed to medium high and whisk for about 2 to 3 minutes or until he icing is smooth, shiny and thick.
2) Place in a piping bag and decorate any kind of cookie.
3) If your icing is too thick, add drops of water to thin and then add to your piping bag.
- TIP: I simply use plastic sandwich bags and cut a very very small hole. Works just as well if you do not have piping bags.
Enjoy! Happy Holiday’s