Call the baby sitter… this is a date night that you will not want to miss out on. Last night my husband and I had the opportunity to watch a screening of the new film written and directed by Malcolm D. Lee “The Best Man Holiday.”
I’m so excited to share with you all…this was simply the Best Movie Ever! If you were a fan (like most of us) of the Best Man, you haven’t seen anything yet. Without giving too much away I will say this, the cast and crew totally pulled off what I believe will be one of the best movies that we will remember for a long time. The director did a great job at reminding us of why we loved all the original characters with a glimpse of the past with a look into what they’ve been doing over the years.
With an All-Star cast (from Wikipedia)
- Taye Diggs as Harper Stewart, the protagonist of the original film
- Sanaa Lathan as Robin Stewart, Harper’s wife
- Nia Long as Jordan Armstrong, Harper’s close friend from college and former love interest
- Morris Chestnut as Lance Sullivan, Harper’s estranged best friend
- Monica Calhoun as Mia Sullivan, Lance’s wife
- Harold Perrineau as Julian Murch, Harper’s intelligent, mild-mannered good friend
- Regina Hall as Candace “Candy” Murch, Julian’s wife who was once an exotic dancer
- Terrence Howard as Quentin Spivey, Harper’s sly, foul-mouthed good friend
- Melissa De Sousa as Shelby, Julian’s snobbish ex-girlfriend.
They take each of us on an epic historic journey that totally exceeds expectations. You will be moved to tears, laughing from the start of the movie to the end and find yourself wanting more. I honestly didn’t know what direction the movie would take, but to my surprise they actually surprised me. The writing is excellent, the cast is phenomenal and the soundtrack is going to be awesome.
So, take it from me, call the sitter today and schedule time out with your loved one to go catch this movie that opens nationwide November 15, 2013.